Sunday, November 28, 2010

New Houses and Old Annoyances

Why has it been so long since I last updated, you ask? Because I am a lazy, good for nothing retard who's only desire is to play Fallout all day. Yup.

My children, I have fabulous news to share with you. The most fabulous news that ever... was... news? Whatever, I'M MOVING! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

As you can maybe tell, I am ridiculously excited about this. I've never moved before! Well, I moved to Vancouver from Toronto when I was just about 2 years old, but that hardly counts since I don't remember it at all. And since I was 2, I'm assuming I didn't do any of the packing and whatnot. But this time, I'm going to do everything! Eee, I'm so excited! Also, this will give me a chance to throw out all the useless shit I have laying around.

Okay, let me tell you about the house. It's this big, 60 year old house in North Burnaby, which is where I'm told all the other wops like myself live. It doesn't look like much from the front, but from the back it looks huuuuge! There's a big backyard, and a lovely big garden plot that we are going to grow so many things in! There are also two pear trees on the property. I wonder if you can make pear pie? I guess you'd make it the same as you would apple pie. But anyway. There's a big driveway that has enough room for all three of my dad's vehicles. The house itself has three floors: top, main and basement. At the moment, that basement is exactly what you'd picture a basement to look like: unfinished, no insulation, cold, dark, creepy, etc. But we're going to slowly, slowly fix it up and eventually add one or two bedrooms down there, for Rachel and Peter.

The main floor is where my dad and Nick will be living (in case I haven't mentioned him before, Nick is my dad's friend's son, who came here from Ontario and is staying with us for awhile). Their bedrooms are both pretty decent sized. The living room is nothing special, but it does have a fireplace (as does the basement). The kitchen on the main floor is huge! Just really spacious, with high ceilings. The bathroom is decent sized as well, and there are like a million closets everywhere. Also, the kitchen has one of those fold-down ironing boards that's really characteristic of old houses. I got so excited when I saw it. It has like, a little hinged door over it, and I was looking at it thinking "Oh my god, is this what I think it is?" and when I opened it and saw the ironing board, I was like YESSS.

But enough about those lame places. Let's talk about the top floor. My floor.

It's got this little, closed staircase leading up to it, with a door at the bottom and a door at the top, so it's very private. There's a small landing, and directly in front of you is the bathroom. It's just about the same size as the downstairs one, if not a little smaller. To the left is... the kitchen! Yes, the top floor of this house has a full, decent sized kitchen! There's no fridge or oven yet, but there are counters, cupboards and a sink. A nice big window overlooks the mountains and the rest of Burnaby, and there's a nice big table that I hope they're going to be leaving there for me. There a door in the corner of the kitchen that leads into what is going to be Peter's room. He's going to be living in my suite until the basement gets sorted out. His room is very cool, with sloped ceilings. It's the smallest room in the house, but I don't think he will mind.
Back to the landing, if you go to your right, there's a room that I'm going to turn into the living room. Nothing terribly special about it. Small, square, window on the left. But there's a door immediately on the right that leads into what is going to be my room.

It. Is. So. Cute! More sloped ceilings, and much more space than I've ever had. There's a window that looks out over the street, which will be perfect for my people-watching habits. There's a weird little closet, and an alcove that I'm going to stick a desk in and turn into my work area. The floor, as with the downstairs, is all the original hardwood.

I was so excited about it the other day that I couldn't sleep! I can't wait to pack, and then unpack, and paint everything!

In other less satisfying news, my Uncle Tony seems to be staying with us for awhile. I haven't seen or spoke to him for the last 5 years, and was kind of happy not to. I'm pretty sure he was a homeless drug-addict for awhile. Also, two and a half years ago, he fucked my dad out of $1400. He said he wanted to move back to Vancouver, but needed money to bring himself and all his stuff over. So my dad, being the way-too-nice guy that he is, sent him the money. Tony told him that he'd call him in three days... and then my dad never heard back from him. For two and a half years. Then my dad heard he was back in town, and spent ages searching for him. When he finally found him, he was told that Tony had been sleeping in a storage garage. So now he's staying with us.

You may be able to detect that I'm not Tony's biggest fan. You'd be right, because I really don't like him. Even when we were kids, my siblings and I hated his visits. He's pretty much batshit insane, and ever since I found out about how he took that money from my dad, my opinion of him has gotten worse. I know dad's trying to be a good brother, but it's not my fault that Tony is a washed-up loser. He's a grown man, and if he can't take care of himself, then tough titties. I want to move into my nice new house without having the dark cloud that is Tony hanging around. I just know he's going to end up staying for a few months. He's like this bad smell you can't get rid of.

I have no sympathy for people who are losers, for people who rely on others to get by in life. If you can't make things work out for yourself, what use are you? You're the weakest link, and society doesn't need you. I don't care if you think me harsh and cruel. I KNOW that it's harsh and cruel. But it's true. Dad and I are trying to make a nice little life for ourselves, and I don't want Tony raining on our parade. He's just going to freeload, and then leave again. Hopefully then I won't see him for at least another 5 years. I don't care if it's mean. I don't. My opinion is the same for all of the losers in life. Life is hard, and if you can't deal with it, then fuck off.

WOW SO CHEERFUL.

Anyway. I better get going. Max is leaving for Japan on the 2nd, and we're trying to hang out as much as possible before he leaves. I also have to nip over to my mum's so she can help me do my income tax return whatever, because apparently I owe MSP about $357, unless I can prove that I'm a broke. If I make less than $20,000 a year, I don't have to pay anything! And I definitely do not make over $20,000. Dope.

No comments:

Post a Comment