Sunday, December 5, 2010

Matching Tattoos and Sweet Revenge

Okay everybody, prepare yourself for the cutest idea ever. EVER.

Instead of getting presents for each other, my sister and I are getting matching tattoos!(!!!)

I got the idea from looking on one of my favourite websites, Oddee, where they had an article for top 10 Coolest Matching Tattoos or something. And the first one was of three sisters, who had matryoshka dolls on their inner arms.


So adorable, right?! Rachel and I had been talking about getting matching tattoos for awhile, but couldn't think of anything great. I saw picture last night on Oddee, and was thought it looked killer, so I posted the picture on her wall. And she is totally down! We're going to get them in the same place as the picture. Before I could even say anything, Rachel said "Yours would be on the left, and mine on the right." You see, when we were growing up, if my mum ever set anything out for us, like dinner or whatever (actually, it was generally food, haha), the order would always go "Lisa Left, Rachel Right". So now Lisa Left, Rachel Right is just ingrained into our heads.
Rachel is drawing the picture as I write this, actually. It's going to be mostly black lines, like the picture, with just a few things in colour. We want to have pink flowers on it somewhere. And I thought of a cute idea, that I haven't told Rachel yet. I want the dolls eye colours to correspond to our own (mine are hazel, Rachel's are blue). I dunno, I just thought that that would be cute.

Mmm, and today I made nachos at Tanis' house, and then we (Tanis, Montserrat, Karl and I) went out for Sweet Revenge! Our waiter was very gay, and very nice! He complimented my nailpolish, and then we all talked about nailpolish for a bit, much to Karl's dismay. And then later he complimented me on my adorable beaded change purse, that was made to look like sheet music. I encouraged him to check out the shops on Main Street, since he said he was never there during the day. Meeting nice people is nice :)
Oh oh oh my god, so for dessert, I got crème brûlée, but it was PEAR crème brûlée. I wanted to cry, it was so delicious. Crème brûlée is amazing anyway, but this had, like, little pieces of pear mixed in with it, and this big, fat raspberry ontop. I fucking love peeeears. Best dessert of my liffffffeeee T AT

A couple weeks ago, I was baking at Tanis' house and we made... Nutella cookies! They were honestly sooo delicious, so I am going to post the recipe for everyone reading. Er, not that there are many of you, haha (sobsob).

NUTELLA COOKIES

  • 1/2 cup Nutella
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 tsp baking soda
Combine all ingredients, and then wrap up and chill for 1 hour. Using a teaspoon, drop dough onto un-greased baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.

*NOTE: I changed this recipe quite a bit as I mixed it all up. The original recipe called for 1 1/2 cups flour, but when I was mixing everything together, it was still way too wet and not firm enough to be cookie dough, so I kept adding flour until the consistency seemed right. I'm only guessing that it was 2 cups worth in the end.
We didn't have baking soda when we cooked these, so that was left out, and I can't remember how much the original recipe called for. I've looked at other cookie recipes though, and 1 tsp seemed to be a recurring amount, so it could work. They did, however, taste just fine without any baking soda.

Nothing else new to report from the home front. Max is still in Japan, and I'm just trying to keep myself occupied until he comes home. Packing is going terribly, but thankfully Tanis said she would come over and help me out. I just want to live in my new house already :(

No comments:

Post a Comment