Sunday, February 13, 2011

I'm Feeling Punch-tastic Tonight

You know what I love? When people try and force me to care about something. No, really, I love it. I love it almost as much as I love sarcasm.

An old friend of mine (or a new ex-friend of mine) started talking to me on Facebook. He was always really weird, which is normally okay, but it was that special brand of weird that inevitably makes a person really, really annoying. So, I knew I was in store for something annoying, but I what?

Marc: Hey
Me: Oh, hey man.
Marc: Are you at all interested in politics and reform for education in Vancouver?
Right then, I knew exactly what kind of annoying this was going to be. Angry stoner annoying. That I-just-read-a-mini-article-about-it-in-the-Metro-and-now-I'm-full-of-rage-GOD-why-don't-they-just-make-Marc-Emery-Premier-of-BC? kind of annoying.

Me: Um, not overwhelmingly so, no.
Marc: Really. You enjoy the ridiculous amount of money you have to spend on schooling, as well as the fact that we live in one of the most expensiveness places to live yet the minimum wage is going down so people can't even afford to live in Vancouver.
Me: Oh yeah, I fucking love it. It's the reason I wake up in the morning.

I'm obviously joking, right? Like, no shit? Anybody could see that? Well, apparently not Marc, because I evidently hurt his feelings.

Marc: Don't have to be rude about it.
Me: I wasn't. It's called 'joking'.
Marc: Yeah, well, it's rude. Enjoy yourself.
Me: I will, thanks. I felt you were being rude, actually. Night.

But no. He couldn't just drop it.

Marc: I was not. I was trying to give you a reason to care for your own future.
Me: Okay. I do care about my future. I just haven't ever given much serious thought to reform of the education system.
Marc: That's the problem, youth don't care or think about it because it's not shoved into your face such as ads and instant stimuli to your brain to keep your attention so you don't give any serious thought into it.

I got pretty bored, so I stopped replying.

Ass. You think I don't worry about my future? You don't think I worry about my future all the time? Everyone one worries about their future. Don't shove your self-righteous hippie rants down my throat, because if there's one thing I love even more than sarcasm, it's fucking with people. Haha, aren't I a ray of sunshine! Life needs more punches.

What's the happs? Working, days off, friends back in town, other friend drama... it's all good times. I've been thinking about getting my webcomic off the ground again...

No comments:

Post a Comment