Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Art! Projects! Exciting!

For the first time in what feels like a million years, I actually hung out with my friends outside of school. Sarah, Chanel and I went and had a delicious sushi lunch, and then goofed off in Michael's for almost 2 hours. It was glorious.

I bought some excellent things (that I didn't really need, mind you), because now that school is over, I need to keep myself occupied with projects. I bought:

-a 5" x 7" linoleum block, which I'm going to use to make my own personal bookplate

-embroidery thread and a hoop, so I can embroider something pretty for someone's birthday, and experiment with the medium for future projects

-gouache! I know it can be tricky to work with, but it looks very beautiful, and all the cool illustrators are using it, so I guess I better give it a shot too

-tiny canvases, 2" x 2", because I'm a sucker for cute small things. I'm thinking mini portraits of Adventure Time characters for Rachel

I have so many things I want to do. I'm going to continue with printmaking, and Chanel and I are going to build ourselves exposure tables over the summer. I want to do an entire project on exploring how to make my own supplies and materials from local natural ingredients. Papers, inks, you name it, I'm going to try it out. I want to get a grant to help me travel around the coast and gather materials and make all this shit. I really want to make my own stamps! I want to get a table at a craft fair and sell my things and make mad dollars. I want to find a studio space with my friends and get cracking on all these great projects.

I want to get going with this art thing!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so exciting! We still have to meet. Also I have an embroidery hoop too, can we sit around like old women and gossip and make pretty thangs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We totes can! School is almost over, so maybe we can meet for real soon?

    ReplyDelete