Sunday, July 18, 2010

Catching Up

Wow, talk about later.

I'll give you guys a quick run-down of what the last couple weeks have been like.

The birthday party was really fun. The food was great, and everybody has a good time. We ended up making a fire in the the backyard, which seems to be a staple activity for my parties.

Tanis is now in town, and living with me. Also, I have successfully gotten her addicted to Fable II. Hahaha! I knew I would get one person hooked.

Rum's gone to England for the next 2 weeks, and Max is leaving for Ottawa on Wednesday for 5 days, Tanis is on the Island for a few days, and my dad is away in Nova Scotia until mid August. I am going nowhere.

I am the lady of the house for now, and it's pretty fun. I wake up extra early and water my vegetable garden, feed the silly babies (the cats) and potter around tidying things and being a homebody. Sometimes I go to work, sometimes I weed the garden, sometimes I work on my comic.

Speaking of my comic, I had a bit of a change of heart about something. I've been thinking about going to culinary school for awhile. I thought it was something I would enjoy, working in a kitchen, and then one day owning my own culinary business. But thinking about it now, I think that was just one of my whims. I do love cooking, but I love cooking in my own kitchen for my own friends, not being tested and graded on it. I want to always enjoy cooking, not start to hate it because I do it everyday.

So, I have a new idea!

I think I might want to be a graphic novelist.
And you know, it makes a lot more sense. What have I always loved? Writing, and drawing. I don't want to be just an artist, and I can't just sit down and write a story without getting bored anymore. So why not combine them?! Storytelling with pictures! I'm really excited, but I don't know what this means. Should I go to art school? Ah, I don't know. I don't think I could cut it in art school. Anyway, I have to go eat a piece of pie now because I don't know what else to talk about. Peace, I will start writing again regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment