Monday, September 19, 2011

Calm Me Down

I'm sitting in my newly rearranged living room, staring at my portrait for Painting class. I don't think I care for it very much. Painting is hard, and boring. Well, not so much hard as annoying. I can't just zip along with it like I want to. And as I'm staring at it, I'm noticing a bunch of things that I messed up on, and now I have to go back and fix it, which means re-mixing all the stupid colours. And the hair's not right, and the dress colour, and it needs more shading. Grr.

Today was just a waste of a day it felt like. I'm used to being awake at 6:30 everyday now, and being done with school at 1 and then having the rest of the day to work on projects. So when I have a day like today, with no school and no work, I feel kind of lost. I only have the one project that I can work on from home, and it's not enough to keep me busy. I slept over at Max's last night, so I got to be with him this morning which was nice, but then he had to go to work and I frittered away my afternoon doing nothing. Hell, I even cleaned my bathroom for lack of something better to do. Forrest Gump was on TV twice in a row, and I'm not going to lie, I watched it both times. I actually just finished watching Serenity, and [SPOILER] I cried like a little baby when Wash died. He was my favourite! Now I just feel tired and hollow. It made me think of Yasaman.

Little things trigger these moods, and then I just want to go to sleep and have nifty dreams to make myself feel better. One thing that does help, though, is the new Mother Mother album. I encourage everybody out there to listen to Mother Mother. All of their albums are great, but this one has a special place in my heart now. It's just so fucking good. So, if you like good music and bands from Vancouver, you should obviously listen to their new album, Eureka, followed by their previous albums. Then hit repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment