Thursday, September 1, 2011

Finally Fall

Ahhh, finally. The first day of September. I've been waiting and waiting for this.

Why? For one thing, school starts in 5 days, and I'm getting pretty impatient. I want it to be here NOW. I do pretty much nothing in my spare time, so school will fill that void for me. Another reason I've been excited for September is the weather. It's actually starting to get cooler which I'm so happy about. Dressing for summer has always been a huge pain, because it's just so hot that I can never be comfortable. But in cooler weather I can bundle up and feel just fine. Also, fall fashions are infinitely better than winter ones. In H&M yesterday, with Rum, I saw about a million things that I wanted to buy. Unfortunately I had about $4 in total in my bank account, so I wasn't able to buy anything. But I did figure out what I was going to be for Halloween! I'm going to be a 1940's reporter. Trust me, it's going to be excellent. Fedora, suspenders, fitted pants, white blouse, tie, high heels and vintage glasses. I'll get to do nice, smokey makeup and dark lips, and obviously talk how they used to talk in old movies. Stoooked.

I've been drawing a TON now, which feels... really good. Mostly comics right now, though I am starting to miss just drawing things for myself. I'm sure once school starts though I'll have more incentive to practice.

Meh, another quick update. I just feel guilty that I haven't written much lately, but to be honest, it's because there's not much to say. When I say I've been doing nothing, I meant it.

PS. Found this on Facebook. It's a group called Grief Beyond Belief, which "Grief Beyond Belief is an online support network for people grieving the death of a child, parent, partner, or other loved one -- without belief in a higher power or any form of afterlife." While they're thankful that people were offering their condolences in the form of prayers, or saying things like "They're with God now", they're really just empty words to people who don't believe such things. I thought it was a really great idea, because that's how I feel too. I can appreciate the sentiment when people say those things, but it doesn't mean anything to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment