Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Illness and Art

Ugh. I'm sick. I only get sick about once a year, and when I do, it's a doozy. Headache, sore throat, aches, dizziness, fatigue, weakness. How freakin' lame.

I've started drawing more comics, which makes me feel good. I have a bunch of plans for some more. There's one I want to do, illustrating a poem I wrote once. It'll be short, but I think I'll make that my first big project. Wish I had a tablet.

... Wish I knew how to USE a tablet.

My dad keeps telling me to go into art. I just don't know. That would be awesome, but... how do you break into that, man? Like, okay, if I do go down this road, I want to make comic books. I've been a fan of them, and all my webcomics, for a long time. I've been making cartoons since I was pretty young. The first mini-comic book I made was around age 9. It was really dumb, haha. I called it Star Comix, and there was a dude I'd drawn in the shape of a star on the front. I-It would make more sense if you saw it.
When I was about 11, I made Taboo. He was a cartoon character modeled after this little round candle that my sister had stuck two different coloured tacks into, for eyes. I first heard the word 'taboo' in class, and thought it was a cool word, so I christened him as thus. Heather helped me modify him, so he had two blue crescent shapes as eyes. Man, we made a toooon of silly little comics of him and her own character, Chilli, who looked like a... gerbil, or a cat, I guess. Only, he had no legs and a giant tail. Yeeeeah.

I've always made comics, and loved drawing, but figured I'd be a writer. Now, I'm not so sure. Maybe comics are the way to go?

Honestly? I feel so ill and achey right now, that I am going to post this, turn my computer off and go straight to bed. Goodnight all, and here's to feeling better in the morning for some gadabouting with Tanis.

No comments:

Post a Comment