Monday, September 6, 2010

You Can't Break That Which Isn't Yours

Everytime someone tells me what they want to do with their lives, I'm really supportive. "Oh, that sounds cool!" "That's the perfect job for you!" and yadda yadda yadda.

But whenever I tell anyone what I want to be, I always get criticized. Like, fucking ALWAYS.

"Oh, you won't make very much money doing that."
"I don't think there are a lot of jobs around for that right now."
"School will be expensive. I guess you'll have to get a bunch of student loans."
"Will that pay off?"
"You shouldn't get carried away with any ideas."

Fuck you! Fuck you! I can be whatever I want! Leave me alone!

2 comments:

  1. You gotta stop caring, dude. I probably won't make it as an artist, and if I do there'll be no money in it anyway, but it's one of the only things I love to do enough to devote my life to it, so that's what I'm going to do My advice, don't give a fuck, and just do what you love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, but I'm just tired of naysayers...

    ReplyDelete