Sunday, October 3, 2010

Stupid Things on Facebook and Oh My God I Am So Excited

Let's see how powerful women really are.

Woman have had to overcome some tough stuff to be at the point where we are today. I would consider myself a feminist in the sense that I am a woman, and am particularly fond of having rights. So when I see a line like "Let's see how powerful we women really are" I think "Fuck yeah! Nobody's going to hold me down! I'm going to walk on the moon and be the goddamn Prime Minister of Canada!"

But don't get too excited, because that line comes from this:

"Ok ladies here's another game, like the bra color game which was a total success and we had men wondering for days what was with the colors and it made it to the News. Well this game has to do with your handbag, where we put our handbag the moment we get home for example "I like it on the couch", "I like it on the kitchen counter", "I like it on the dresser" well u get the idea. Just put your answer as your Status with nothing more than that and cut n paste this message and forward to all your FB female friends to their inbox. The bra game made it to the news. Let's see how powerful we women really are!!"
(I got it in 'girls only' pages from the net)
and remind guys not to give a damn on their status... or we loose."
This... I don't even know what this is. For one thing, there are so many grammatical errors in this that I am going to punch the next baby I see from the rage this has caused in me. But really, I'm just curious as to how sounding like a slut is empowering anybody. Now, I have nothing against sex. Sex is awesome. But when you're trying to prove how "powerful" women are, making yourself sound like a lady who just wants to be fucked is maybe not the best way to go about it.

Just saying.

In other TERRIFIC news, I got an incredibly interesting email. It was from a woman who said she had come across this blog and was "really impressed." She is the editor for a website called Videojug Pages, which I hadn't heard of before. It's like, a collection of how-to's and articles on whatever you're knowledgeable about. So basically, I could write about whatever I felt like for a bunch of people who are there to read what I write. And I said yes!(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I-I am so freaking excited I don't know what to do with myself. I've wanted to do something like this for so long, and here it is! My big chance! I do have some worries though...

1) I'm worried that... I don't know, that this isn't real. Or like, that I'm not going to be able to do it. She emailed me on the 28th, and I didn't check until today! Bad, bad Lisa! Nobody ever emails me these days, so I just stopped checking. What if it's too late, or she's like "Man, I don't want dumb people who never check their emails." Ahhh! No, I'm not dumb, I swear! I'm just vastly unpopular so there's never a need to check my email!

2) What the heck am I going to write about?! The point of the website is to write about things that you know and have some expertise on... What's my area of expertise?! I mean, from the looks of it, I could write about literally anything. But... what if I'm not as knowledgeable as I think I am? I mean, I only know books, doodling, webcomics and... man, I don't know. I like to ramble a lot.

But I really, really, really want to do this. I just feel like I've been stuck in such a funk lately, and I've been searching for something to do that will just give me something else to think about and work towards.

Here's hoping this works out.

And now, I must feed! Seriously, all I've had to eat today was two slices of pizza at about 4pm, and I'm starting to feel really funny. Like, I feel like I'm moving, or being sloooowly squished down into my chair, but I am obviously not moving. Huh. I guess it's time for eats then.

Goodnight, my children. May your dreams be wild and strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment