Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Craftiness and Craziness

I have a growing list of crafty things that I need to accomplish. It's good in a way, because this way I'll have something to keep me occupied on my free days, but it's also bad because deep in my heart I know I'll never get everything done.

1. Folding Screen Project

My dad found an old folding screen, which looks pretty much like this, but black. It's very cool, but the only problem is that it's missing the fabric part of it. So my plan is to head on downtown to Dressew and find myself some nifty fabric to stretch across it and make it beautiful. I was thinking something silky with a lot of embroidery on it, but with a vintage feel to it, since that's the look that I'm going for with my room.

2. Picture Frames

I found a neat picture of a wall that had at least 10 photographs in mismatched frames on it, and I thought it looked really cool. I just so happen to have a number of really cool pictures that deserve to be up on a wall laying around, and pictures frames are cheap at places like Value Village and Salvation Army stores. Really, though, this is just an easy way for me to build up that charmingly cluttered look that I'm so in love with.

3. Paint My Shoes

By an incredible stroke of luck, I have the dress that I'm going to wear to Amanda's wedding. It's a dress that I already own which was purchased at least two years ago, and it's the perfect colour to boot. Now all I need to do is get a great pair of shoes to go with it. I know though, that I'll never be able to find anything close to what I want, mostly because I have huge feet, but also because I'm going for a particular style. So I've decided to buy a pair of plain flats and paint them myself! I'm going to spray paint them gold, and then paint paisley designs on them in the same blue. They're going to be so freaking rad, man.

You know, there were more things that I was supposed to post about being crafty, but I just plain can't remember anymore. I've had a really weird day today. I think it may be because the weather was soooo awful, but I really felt kind of blah and miserable all day. I'm feeling it even more as it gets later. It's this restless, gloomy feeling. I don't know what to do with myself. No one is online to talk to, all my webcomics have been read, and all that lies ahead is possibly cleaning my room, or sleep. I need to start getting out of my house more, because being cooped up in here all the time is making me go crazy. Is this what loneliness feels like? Am I lonely?

I think I just need to do something fun. Go out on a nice date with Max. Hang out with my friends. Chiara has a party coming up that I'm going to go to. I think I really need the socialization. Maybe I'll invite Max out to a movie with me soon. The Dolphin Theatre up the street is so freaking cheap, it would be a crime if we didn't go there. A movie, and a walk maybe. And dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment