Sunday, February 28, 2010

Goodbye, Olympic Party Times

And with these Closing Ceremonies, the Olympics are over. The next Winter Olympics are going to be in Sochi, Russia, and I will be 23 and a half.

There was death, wild success and a celebration every night the likes of which I've never seen. And I'm actually a little sad now that they're over. Because for one thing, never-ending Olympics would save me from the abysmal bands in this ceremony. Really? Avril Lavigne? Simple Plan? Hedley? Dear god. At least they through Bublé in the mix. And man, whatta pimp. White suit and sexy Mounties? Fuckin' champ. Ooh, and k-os. I forgot he was Canadian. I actually like him. You know, compared to goddamn Hedley.

So, no more Olympics, and no more party every night. I'm going to miss those things, but I have to say:

Something here has changed forever. I don't think we're ever going to lose the spirit. This is something that will stay with Canada (or at least, Vancouverites) for a long, long time. We were on top of the world, and no one is going to be able to forget that feeling anytime soon.

I know I sure won't.

1 comment: