Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Recap

A bunch of stuff has happened, but I've been too lazy.

I was offered the chance at another job, as airport security. Not cool airport security, with like, guns and shit. The same job that Jay Baruchel had in She's Out of My League. Just the person that tells you when to walk through the metal detector and uses the wand thing on you. The pay would be $14 and hour plus benefits, and probably some awesome flight deals on the side, but at the same time... I really don't think it's something I would enjoy. The money would be great, but enjoying my job means a lot to me. The money honestly isn't worth it if I have to go to work every day thinking "Fuck this." So instead, I told Max about it and he seems interested. Hope he gets it!

Watched MacGruber with Max yesterday, and I have to say that is hilarious! There were some parts that were kind of weird, or like they were trying too hard, but overall I thought it was totally worth the watch. Will Forte is seriously funny. He also did the voice of Abe in Clone High, which is the greatest cartoon ever. I give MacGruber an 8 out of 10.

Oh, in case you hadn't realized, Max came home from globetrotting! First he was in DC, then in San Juan, and it sounds like he had a seriously awesome time. I went to meet him at the airport. His flight got in at 11:49, and I got there at about 10:50, hahaha. I wanted to get there early so I would have plenty of time to find his gate. Of course, it took me only about 15 minutes to locate it, and then I sat around for another hour. But it was all worth it to see Max coming around the corner. It was fun meeting someone at the airport, and being there so late! I felt like a grown up :D

Today was Rachel's graduation ceremony! It was sooo long and boring though. The only decent speech was that of the valedictorian. Kind of funny. Everyone else's was so long winded and pathetic, especially the student's counselor. And there were about 400 kids in her graduating class, which meant the whole handing out of the certificates took forever.
Wanna know something cool (aka, lame)? I read an entire book before the ceremony was even over (it was about 3 hours). Granted, the book was only 126 pages long, but still. I thought that was pretty impressive.

Speaking of this book, it's called Sulphuric Acid, and it's written by Amélie Nothomb, one of my new favourite writers as of tonight. In the book, a reality show is set up, called Concentration. There are prisoners and prison guards, and it is basically the same set up as a concentration camp. Almost exactly. The prisoners are all people who rounded up at random in raids, all tattooed with identification numbers and loaded into trains. They pick out the weak, the old, the lame, and the women with small children and any other child, actually, and kill them off. Like, for real. Then you're assigned in groups and set to do hard labour. They feed you shit, and they treat you like shit.
The main character is a girl, the same age as me, named Pannonique, and the antagonist is a girl, the same age, named Zdena. Pannonique is a prisoner, and is beautiful, intelligent and stoic. Zdena is a prison guard (or kapo), who is plain, dull and delusional (although she's redeemed at the end). Some of it was very harrowing, and very sad, and very fucked up, but it was a really good story. I won't give away what else happened in case you want to read it yourselves though.

Alright, that's about all that's been going on. A shoutout to Tanis: keep your chin up, buddy! Don't worry, you've always got my place to stay at. I may be a callous bitch, but I always help out a friend in need.

Peace it.

2 comments:

  1. Yo! Thanks for the shoutout! lol. So now I'm looking at two places, but one isn't available until August. So actually yeh... I might need to take you up on that offer. It's looking good though, at least I'll have somewhere to live eventually

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no the apartment fell through. no fun!

    ReplyDelete