Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Running Out of Time

This last week of June is starting to feel just a little bit too hectic for my tastes.

For one thing, it's my birthday on the 29th. I will be turning 20 years old. I'm pretty excited about it, actually. Max has something planned for the day, but he won't tell me what. Then, on the 30th, I'm going to spend the whole day prepping for the birthday party. And finally, on July 1st, I'm having my BBQ Birthday Bonanza! At least, that's what I called it in the Facebook event.
I'm a mixture of nervous/excited, actually. Nervous because me and parties generally do not mix, but excited because the food is going to be awesome! I'm sure I already wrote this down on here before, but I'm going to do it again:

  • beef/hot italian sausage burgers. Some will be stuffed with cheese
  • salmon burgers
  • hot dogs
  • potato salad
  • cherry tarts with crumble top
  • my grandmothers chocolate cake, with chocolate mousse as frosting, with fresh raspberries
That's just the most important stuff. I'll have chips and shit around as well, but my god, it sounds good. I've actually simplified the menu quite a bit, so I'm not spending a million bucks for my own birthday. I'm really, really looking forward to the cake, ever since I thought of the mousse as frosting.

Also, I just realized today that I don't have infinite time to sort out my spare room for Tanis. I kept thinking, "Oh, I've got like 2 weeks until she gets here". Nope. She's arriving the same day as my party. Fuuuuck. Not that it's a huge problem, it just feels like all of a sudden, everything is speeding towards me.

Okay, it's taken me like an hour to write only those meager paragraphs. It's like, 5:15 am and I really can't think straight anymore. I keep zoning out to look at my favourite sites, like Maneki Collection, this cute website that sells beautiful, beautiful things. One day I'm just going to get a credit card (or a whole bunch of prepaid credit cards, which seems more probable) and buy everything on there.

Damn, there was honeslty more important things I was going to talk about. Ah well. Maybe another time, when it's not 5 in the morning.

PS. I'm fucking addicted to Passion Pit right now, particularly Better Things, Fold In Your Hands and Moth's Wings. There's something wild and different about these songs, that make me want to leap and scream and laugh and cry all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment