Sunday, November 14, 2010

Mother Mother and Cute Earrings

ARMS TONITE - MOTHER MOTHER

I fell in your arms tonight.
I fell hard in your arms tonight,
it was nice.
I died in your arms tonight.
I slipped through into the afterlife,
it was nice.
White lies in your arms tonight.
I lost sight in your arms tonight,
it was nice.

And hey, you, don't you think it's kinda cute
that I [I] died [died] right inside your arms tonight
that I'm fine even after I have died
because it was in your arms I died.

I cried in the afterlife
I cry hard because I have died,
and you're alive.
I try to escape afterlife.
I try hard to get back inside
your arms alive.

And hey [hey], you [you], don't you think it's kinda cute
that I [I] try [try] to escape the afterlife
that I [I] try [try] to get back in your arms alive,
that I died in your arms,
that I fell hard in your arms,
I went and died in your arms that night..

I fell in your arms tonight..
suicide in your arms...

And hey, you, don't you think it's kinda cute
that I [I] died [died] right inside your arms tonight
that I'm fine even after I have died
that I [I] try [try] to escape the afterlife
that I [I] try [try] to get back in your arms alive,
that I died in your arms that night.
I fell in your arms tonight.
I died in your arms tonight.
I lie in your arms tonight.
I fell in your arms tonight

--

I think this song is incredibly sweet, and always reminds me of Max. It makes me sad too though, and kind of speaks to one of my fears: dying before my loved ones. Oh, I know. I am super fucked up. That is an actual fear I have. Well, maybe this is just a general fear of death, because I'm scared of all my loved ones dying before me too, haha. I've decided though that I'm going to live until I'm 110, and I will be the last one left alive of everyone I knew. I don't really want to give that burden to anyone else.

LOL THESE ARE THE THINGS I THINK ABOUT.

Okay, so you may may already have an inkling of what my feelings for Mother Mother are like, but I'm going to come out and say I'm in love with them. The whole band and all their songs. And, maybe best of all, they're from Vancouver! So that's just adding to the awesome. One of their other songs that is my total favourite is called Heart Heavy, and please oh please follow that link and listen to the song. The lyrics are really great. I just... I don't think I could really describe my feelings for this song.

So I'm making everyone Christmas cards, and it's very fun! I need to get way more supplies than I already have that, but that trip's going to have to wait until I get paid. Right now I just have pretty papers, blank cards and scissors and glue and shit. I think this will be a nice project to keep me occupied, and then everyone gets handmade cards for Christmas.
Hm, kind of sad to think that I'm putting all this effort into nice cards, when they're probably just going to be tossed after Christmas. Unless the person is a shameless hoarder like me, in which case they'll keep it in a forgotten, dusty box for many years to come.

Also, I bought these the other day:


So cute! I love them, and apparently so does everybody else.

Now, the gravest question of all: Take a nap, or play Fallout? Hm I think I'll just have a shower to wake myself up, and then play Fallout. And then drink limeade! Yesssss. These are all good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment