Friday, January 15, 2010

Brussel Sprouts and Ghosts

I'm going on a diet!

Now, I know what you're all thinking: Diets don't work! Don't worry, I've thought about all that, and researched diets for a solid 15 minutes, so I think I know what I'm talking about.

No, I'm not quitting junk food cold-turkey. No, I'm not going to starve myself. No, I'm not going to become a vegetarian. I'm going on a low-fat diet!

But what can you eat on a low-fat diet?

Tons of tasty things! Namely:

-vegetables
-legumes
-fruit
-potatoes
-pasta
-rice
-whole wheat breads

Meat is allowed, but only chicken and fish, and not all of the time, which is fine by me. I barely eat any red meat anyway. Thank god about the pasta and potatoes though. My poor Italian and Scottish ancestors would be spinning in their graves if I had to cut those out completely.

Seriously though, I'm stoaked! Getting healthy?! How awesome! Luckily for me, I work in an awesome grocery store called Famous Foods, which has lots of tasty organic produce, and other crazy shit you can't find anywhere else in the city. So today after work, I bought myself 3 pears, and a whole passel of brussel sprouts. The pears are for breakfast, and I guess I'll just eat them plain? Honestly, I haven't eaten a pear in years. The brussel sprouts are lunch, and they will be cooked in Black Bean Sauce with garlic.

(I'm going to Shabusens for dinner, so I didn't have to buy anything else. Yay for all-you-can-eat Japanese!)

Also, I watched a creepy movie, un-creepily called Imaginary Playmate. It was playing on the Women's Channel, they always have the most random movies playing on there. It was about an imaginary friend that was really (obviously) a ghost! And I only saw about 30 minutes of it, but shiiiiiiiit, was it creepy. The ghost girls name was Candice, and an old lady could see her. Ew. Old people.

Then Rosie and Cristina gave me a ride home from work! My boots have holes in them, and it's pouring rain and I bus home. Everyone seemed really concerned that no one could pick my up from work, and they offered. I think everyone thinks I'm like, really destitute or something, or my family hates me and never feeds me or something. I remember I won a Subway gift card from some little work thing we did, and my boss, Gloria, said "I'm glad it was you that won this". I think they think I'm poor.

=/

Anyway, my right hand is losing all feeling, so I guess that means it's time for hibernation! Goodnight from me and Candice-- OH FUCK, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PS: msn! Asking my boyfriend how to eat a pear! I'm so attractive it hurts!

You And Me Have Seen Everything To See says:
  • yessssssssss
  • i live to entertain
  • im going to eat one of my pears now
  • how do you eat pears? do you bite them? or like, cut them up or something
  • i seriously have not had a pear in years

No comments:

Post a Comment