Sunday, May 23, 2010

Crazy People and Tattoos

A girl was stabbed to death at a party that was only a few blocks away from my dads house.

You always think things like this won't ever happen in your neighbourhood. These are the kinds of things that happen in bad cities, and you only ever hear about them on the news. I wonder if they caught the other girl who stabbed her. Christ, what makes you stab a teenager multiple times, when you yourself are only a teenager?

So today at work, a crazy man harassed me. He was a customer, and was just really rude and awful. I didn't pack his bags the right way, apparently, and felt the need to tell me this. He told me that he had worked at Safeway for 7 years packing groceries. Ooh, pretty intimidating stuff there, crazy guy. "Do you value your job, miss?" Uh, not really, fuckface. I work in a GROCERY STORE. I know that must be big shit for you, psycho, but it's nothing great to the rest of the sane world. He also made a point to tell me that he was a Canadian citizen, and had been born in Vancouver. He then asked "Where were YOU born?!" I've noticed this as a trend amongst crazies. In January, I heard a crazy man yelling at some guy and telling him that he was "a Canadian citizen, and that you should get back on the boat you came here on". I coolly responded "I was born in Toronto" to my crazy guy, to which he said nothing, perhaps choked that he had lost some reason to be racist. Whatta shame.
Anyway, the lady behind him was really nice, and when he was taking too long getting the fuck out of my store, she told him to hurry up because he was taking "a helluva long time" and he'd "already harassed and insulted this poor young lady enough." HA, take that, asshole! I was suuuper nice to her after, and when she said thanks for packing her bag, I said "No, thank you so much." It was nothing that I couldn't have handled, really, but it was still nice to have someone stand up for you.

So, to recap: crazy people being crazy, me not giving a flying fuck.

I'm going to start running soon, I think. I really need to lose some weight, and I've also heard that running is really good for toning your thighs and butt, which would be an awesome bonus. See, I'm planning on getting this tattoo, and I want my thighs to be nice and shapely, not made of pure fat like they are right now.
I'm actually pretty excited to start running. Max might run with me sometimes too. I normally try to not look sweaty and gross around him, but I thought it might be fun to have a running buddy. Hey, guess I need to buy some running shoes.

Before I stray too far from the top of tattoos, I'm thinking of getting my first one very soon, possibly next week. This is what I want:


It's a bass clef, and I want to get it just behind my right ear, like so. I think it'd be cool, and since bass clef has to do with music, it makes sense to have it near my ear. It's not going to be very big either, so I'm anticipating spending about $75 on it. Rachel was also talking about one day getting matching tattoos, which I think would be cool, but we need to decide on a design. She got her first tattoo the other day; the word 'love' in italics on her wrist. I haven't gotten a chance to see it yet, but she said it looks pretty cool. I paid for most of it, as a birthday present.

Alright, I better start thinking about going to bed soon. I've been staying up ridiculously late every night, and it's not very healthy. If I could be asleep before 3, that would be great. But anything's possible when you have an internet addiction as severe as mine.

Peace it.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, i want my red bird tattoo so much now... and the Scottish one... but I feel like I'm never going to be able to afford them, at this point

    ReplyDelete