Friday, May 21, 2010

Nothing Really

Ho hum, pig's bum.

Went back to mi madre's today, and cleaned up a lot of stuff. I tossed a lot of rubbishy things that I'd been holding on to for too long, and packed up all my clothes (except my dresses) and books. There are about 4 bags of folded clothes, and just as many of books and comics, plus one box of miscellaneous things. Now I just need to find space for all of it at my dad's... I already have to rather large boxes of books in my closet, and at least 2 dozen on the shelf. When I was talking to Max about the woes of having to bring all my stuff over, I realized that the only things I own are books and clothes. Hm.
Also, I haven't even read about 1/3 of the books I have. I just keep getting them from people, and finding them, so it's hard to keep up. I don't have time for reading anymore. It's all this laptop's fault. Everytime I want to read, I end up going on Facebook or Cracked or something.

Had some good catching up with Heather. It was over far too soon. She is one of two people I still talk to from my elementary days, the other being Tanis. I've been friends with her since we were 9 years old. She is the only person that I've known for that long that I still talk to. Everyone else that I went to kindergarten and such with have either drifted away, or become huge douchebags that I no longer wish to associate myself with.

Good lord, while cleaning out one of two huge boxes of mementos I have stored under my bed, I found my old Champlain Heights Elementary yearbook. Janey Mac, I was such a fag. When I bring all my things over to my dad's, I'll type up what I wrote as my little bio. I literally cringed when I read it. I was SUCH a dork. Also, I apparently wanted to be a scientist. Hmmm.

Nothing else newsworthy to report. The recipe book is coming along nicely, although I'm going to need to take one day to test them all out. And I'm working on a Birthday Wishlist. So far I would like:

  • a scanner
  • a little ironing board & iron
  • cooking accessories (spices, pots and pans, a mandolin, cookbooks, etc)
  • a USB
  • books
  • $$$


That's all for now. I don't really expect many presents though. I like giving presents more than I like getting them, really. Heather's birthday is coming up and I already know what I'm getting her. So does she, actually, because I already told her, lol.

Whelp. It's getting late, and I have a special issue of National Geographic to read. It's all about water, and it looks very interesting. Then I guess I have to go to bed or something like that. I'm feeling hungry still, because, at 10pm, I realized I hadn't eaten anything all day. Huh.

Peace it.

1 comment: